Knowledge Base Detail
Windows XP allows computers to directly choose the Network Time Server from which they will set their internal time.
To change the clock synchronization server if your computer is not a member of a domain, your computer's clock is automatically and regularly synchronized by an Internet time server. This procedure provides information about switching to a different Internet time server.
- Open Date and Time in Control Panel.
- Click the Internet Time tab.
- The Internet Time tab is not available if your computer is a member of a domain.
- Select the check box "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server."
- In the Server list, click the arrow, and then enter the IP address of the Network Time Server model such as the NTP80.