Brandywine’s OSA-5548C Timing Signal Generator (TSG) is a pioneer in synchronization of SONET/SDH and mobile networks. It is designed to provide telecom operators with reliable synchronization, using the latest in hardware and software and technology. The 5548C system provides a scalable synchronization solution ranging from 20 unprotected up to thousands of 1:1 protected outputs.
- Unique design for Master, Expansion and Remote shelves
- Entirely new family of TSG with 3U and 6U shelves
- Adapts to all telecom node sizes, from a few 10’s up to 1000’s of Synchronization outputs
- Intuitive and modular architecture (A&B groups, visual display of selected channels)
- Extremely compact: up to 200 DS1 or CC protected or unprotected outputs in a 6U shelf
- Single System (Master and 4 expansions) allows up to 1000 protected outputs
- Stratum 1 PRS with optional GPS card(s)
- Choice of Stratum 2 or Stratum 3E holdovers
- Universal input card design (DS1, CC, 5/10MHz)
- Universal output card design (DS1, CC)
- SSM on complete system (Master, Expansion, Remote)
- TL1 manageable with Local and Remote intuitive Graphical User Interface
- Up to 80 retiming channels
- Optional NTP and IRIG-B output blades
The 5548C Timing Signal Generator (TSG) is designed to provide telecom operators with reliable synchronization, using the latest in hardware and software technologies.
The 5548C system provides a scalable synchronization solution ranging from 20 unprotected up to thousands of 1:1 protected outputs.
The 5548C can be a Stratum 1 redundant source if you decide to include one of two possible GPS cards (this does not change the number of inputs or outputs available).
In addition to DS1 and Composite Clock (CC) output cards, any of the 10 main output slots can be equipped with time distribution modules (NTP or IRIG-B) or with DS1 retiming cards. With it’s complete and consistent family (6U: 200 outputs, 3U: 60 outputs, expansions, …), the 5548C is the TSG of choice when you need scalability and reduced spare parts inventory. This flexibility makes the 5548C the most versatile TSG in the marketplace.
Each card is only 4 inches tall, contributing to a higher overall port/volume ratio, and therefore reducing the size of the 5548C 6U shelf design to accommodate overcrowded Telecom Hub Rooms and Switching Center rack spaces.
All cards are intelligent and communicate with each other to implement a distributed intelligence message passing system. This approach ensures absence of single points of failure and reliable uptime.
The 5548C TSG uses a universal Input Card (INC) designed to reduce spare count. Each input card can accept up to four signals and can be 1:1 protected with an adjacent identical “B” card. Two input groups (four slots) are available for Input Cards, giving flexibility from 4 unprotected inputs (one card) to 8 protected inputs (4 cards).
In addition to line input card, one or two GPS input cards can fitted to meet Stratum 1 requirements without the need of installing and managing external receiver(s) or Cesium clock. This allows the simplification of the sync plan by flattening the sync distribution hierarchy and results in a reduction of the overall provisioning, operating and maintenance costs. The presence of GPS input also gives access to precise time information that can distributed via NTP or IRIG-B. Additionally, 5548C can accept any external GPS reference as one on the input Line of the INC.