Telecommunication networks require highly accurate clocks for the effective transmission of digital signals. One of the primary objectives of telecommunication networks is to guarantee, at the connection between different networks, a slip rate of less than one slip in 72 days.
Meeting these stringent specifications requires the implementation of a Primary Reference Clock (PRC) that must generate signals with an accuracy better than 1E-11, at all times. Generally, this is achieved using Cesium clock technology, often combined with GPS receivers as backup sources. Unlike off-air receivers, Cesium clocks are autonomous, self-contained primary references immune from external influences.
The Oscilloquartz’s 3230B Cesium Clock is specifically designed and produced with the latest technology to serve complex applications where an extremely accurate reference signal is needed in a minimum size.
The OSA 3230B Cesium Clock offers a unique set of operational features and performance, including greatly enhanced and easy integration into industrial, professional time and frequency host systems. With its long life cesium tube and its extremely high flexible output type capacity, the OSA 3230B is the most flexible and the most compact Primary Reference Clock Source available on the market, which will meet the most stringent requirements where any type of clock signal with G.811 performances is needed over a long period.
- Performances exceeding ITU-T G.811 / Stratum 1 PRC
- Accuracy better than ±1x10-12 during entire life
- Long life 10 years cesium tube
- Extremely compact size — 4U high (176mm) ETSI 240mm depth with front access connector, or 3U (132mm) 19’’ standards 400mm depth with rear access connectors
- 10 MHz and 5MHz low noise output
100kHz to 50MHz programmable sine wave analog output
- 3x Auxiliary outputs configurable between 1PPS / 1MHz / 5MHz / 10MHz TTL with the possibility to
synchronize to an external reference
- 1PPS external synchronization input
- Optional Signal Expansion, providing 5 additional outputs: 4x configurable between 1PPS / 10MHz /
2MHz / 2Mbits/s E1 (G703) with SSM / T1, + 1x additional programmable sine wave 100kHz to 50MHz
- Redundant DC power supply inputs
- Control and monitoring via alarm contacts and RS232 communication (fully manageable locally and remotely using SyncView Plus management system).
- TCP/IP Remote management port for TL1 and/or SNMP Management