LF Receiver Module – Receiver Modules for the reception of the time broadcast se
A low cost LF Receiver Module is available for use with the Brandywine Communications M210 and M211 Modular Time
System instruments. The LF Receiver Modules have been designed to accommodate the national date and time
transmissions of many countries throughout the world. Because each country operates on a different format/frequency
an LF Receiver Module dedicated to the appropriate transmitter is required.
Included in the list of standard LF Receiver Modules are the following:
- WWVB 60kHz (USA)
- DCF77 77.5kHz (Germany)
- MSF 60kHz Rugby (UK)
- HBG 75kHz (Switzerland)
The LF Receiver Module is fitted directly into the Modular Time System and is supplied complete with a passive antenna suitable for use with the selected transmission. The LF Receiver Module receives and decodes the relevant transmission allowing the timing system to accurately synchronize to the broadcast signal.
The Receiver Module is available as an option on all the following products:
- M210 Modular Time System
- M211 High Capacity Modular Time System
Should you have a special receiver option requirement please contact your Local Sales Office to discuss your application.
The LF Receiver Module occupies one option slot of the main equipment chassis.
- LF Time Broadcast Signal from Antenna: 50Ω BNC Socket
- Alarm Relays (Power Fail, LF Fail, System Fail): 15 pin D Type Socket
- Time accuracy (during LF signal availability): ± 1 millisecond to UTC (Assuming adequate LF reception)
- Time accuracy (during LF signal unavailability): Timing System specification applies. Precision Oscillators are available for improved 'free run' performance. Consult your local Sales Office for details.
- The following information can be viewed on the front panel display of the Time System through use of the menu facilities:
- UTC Time and Date (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Day, Month,Year)
- Local Time and Date (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Day, Month, Year)
- The following information can be output through the data interfaces for the Time System:
- UTC Time and Date (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Day, Month, Year)
- Local Time and Date (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Day, Month, Year) and Status
- Temperature: 0°C to +40°C
- Humidity: Up to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- EMC: CE Compliant
- The LF Receiver Module is supplied with a Passive LF Antenna suitable for use with the selected time broadcast service. Mounting hardware is also provided. An Active LF Antenna, Option 05, is available for use in areas with low signal strength. Please consult your local Sales Office for details.
- Time Broadcast Signal to Receiver: 50 Ohm coaxial cable
- Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- Humidity: 100% RH
- Water Ingress: Sealed to IP67 (IEC529)
- EMC: CE Compliant