Brandywine's OSA-3230 Cesium Clock is an atomic frequency standard based on a hyperfine transition in the ground state of the cesium 133 atom. For years, cesium beam frequency standards have been constantly improved so as to satisfy the increasingly stringent specification of time and frequency reference equipment. The availability of "easy to operate" instrument of reduced size and weight and of exceptional accuracy and stability provides the user with great flexibility in using cesium standards for meeting the stringent requirements of navigation, communication and timing systems.
The OSA-3230 Cesium Clock is specifically designed and produced with the latest technology in a very compact and reduced size. This compact OSA-3230 offers a set of operation features and performance without comparison on the market.
Available in two different versions, the long life cesium tube will meet the requirements where performances are needed over a long period of time whereas the high performance version will meet the most exigent applications.
- Allan deviation σ(τ) = 2.7x10-11 T-1/2 for long life version and σ(τ) = 8.5x10-12 T-1/2 for high performance version
- Front or Rear access connectors
- 3U high (133mm / 5.24'') — less than 200mm depth, compatible with ETSI and 19'' standards
- Accuracy better than ±1x10-12 / ±5x10-13 for high performance version
- 10 MHz low noise direct output
- Programmable 1 / 5 / 10 MHz TTL output
- 10 years warranty on cesium tube (3 years for high performance version)
- Redundant DC power supply inputs
- Remote control and monitoring via RS232 (fully manageable locally and remotely using SyncView Plus management system.
Applications for Brandywine's OSA-3230 Cesium Clock include:
- Calibration of laboratory's equipment
- Reference for microwaves applications
- Interferometry, Spatial applications
- Nanometrology, medical devices, semiconductors
- Reference source for Navigation and localization systems